Here we are again! It’s the end of another fantastic year. As I reflect on 2017, I think the word of the year would be “growth”. I used to be someone who was not comfortable with change. I like having a plan, having goals, and being able to see what’s ahead of me. Change used to cause me a lot of stress. Over the past two years, I have become much more comfortable with the unknown and have even embraced change as I have experienced how much growth it can provide.
Here is a brief recap of some personal and professional experiences of 2017:
- Continued (multiple) renovations on our home in Kittery, Maine
- Brought on my first intern who happens to be a rockstar Brit with tons of personality and hard work ethic. <3
- Learned when to ask for help and how to accept it
- Made new vendor friends and am inspired by them daily
- Featured on Seacoast Lately’s blog
- Awarded WeddingWire Couple’s Choice Award
- As the Leader of the Seacoast, New England’s Rising Tide Society, I continued our monthly meetings while growing and learning with the most talented local vendors
- Helped feed over 100 local families during the Rising Tide Society’s Philanthropy Month by working with Operation Give A Gobble
- Continued working with Historic New England as the Event Manager for the Governor John Langdon House and the Hamilton House
- Attended the 2nd Relevant Workshop
- Attended my second Leader’s Retreat for Rising Tide Society (first time checking out San Fran!)
- Helped two wedding planner friends with their events on weekends I had off
- Attended my second Sapphire Event Workshop
- Assisted with planning and design of the Rivermill at Dover Landing’s first Expo
- Participated in two styled shoots with some incredible vendors
- Participated in the Hardy Farm Summer Showcase
- Witnessed lots of love and promises made <3
2017 Wedding Recap
Maddie and Cam at a private residence in New Hampshire. Photography by Kivalo.
Angela and Andrew at a private residence in North Yarmouth, Maine. Photography by Melissa Koren Photography.
Katherine and Ryan at White Gates Farm in Tamworth, NH. Photography by Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne.
Lindsay and Teddy at a private residence in Conway, NH. Photography by Emily Delamater Photography.
Lynsie and Derek at a private residence in Epping, NH. Photography by Maine Tinker Photography.