Better late then never, am I right?! I wanted to write a 2018 year in review post for myself because it’s really fun to look back on an entire 12 months and review accomplishments as well as review experiences that can teach a lesson.
If I was asked to pick a word of the year, I think it would be “self care”. I know that’s technically two words but, whatever. In May of 2018 I started focusing more on my wellness – physically, mentally, and spiritually. I lost 20+ pounds, learned how to allow myself space and rest, and spent more time connecting. Connecting with people, connecting with myself, and connecting with the universe.
I’ve continued the lesson I learned from 2017 which was being comfortable with change and uncertainty, and I am still working on how to let go. Letting go of negativity, learning to say no, being okay with not being in control, and loosening up a bit on expectations.
Here’s my recap of some personal and professional accomplishments and experiences of 2018:
- Continued (multiple) renovations on our home in Kittery, Maine
- Made top 20 in the Seacoast’s 10 to Watch Nominations
- Brought on two new NMWE ladies who crushed every event they assisted with this year!
- Said goodbye to Ellen, my first behind the scenes intern, when she went back to college in England. =(
- Attended my second Leader’s Retreat for Rising Tide Society (first time visiting New Orleans)!
- Traveled to San Fransisco with one of my best buds, Jess Jolin
- Visiting Italy with my husband!
- Awarded WeddingWire Couple’s Choice Award
- As the Leader of the Seacoast, New England’s Rising Tide Society, I continued our monthly meetings while growing and learning with the most talented local vendors
- Continued working with Historic New England as the Event Manager for the Governor John Langdon House and the Hamilton House
- Attended (and assisted with the planning!) of the 3rd Relevant Workshop. More info on the next Relevant Workshop soon!
- Assisted with planning Bear Mountain’s Inn’s Vendor Gathering to show off their new renovations.
- Participated in 4 styled shoots with some incredible vendors
- Taught at a workshop on how to design a tablescape and plan a styled shoot with TopKnots
- Featured on Boston Voyager
- Featured on Green Wedding Shoes
- Featured on Wedding Chicks
- Participated on a full day editorial shoot with Madeleine’s Daughter (will be published in NH Wedding Magazine in 2019)
- Witnessed lots of love and promises made <3
2018 Event Recap
Kara and Evan at Rye Harbor State Park. Photography by Melissa Koren Photography.
Taylor and Brian hired us for our All Inclusive Planning + Design Package which means we plan and design the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Day, and Day After Wedding Brunch. They were married at Granite Ridge Estate and Barn and the rehearsal dinner and brunch were held at Bear Mountain Inn. Also, these cuties were recently featured in Brides Magazine!
Jackie and Nate – Portsmouth’s own Mr. and Mrs. (since her Dad is the Mayor, and all). 😉
Finally, we have Lauren and Jacob! Married at The Rivermill at Dover Landing in November with photography by Jess Jolin Photography. Photos will be released soon so in the meantime I will share some of my iPhone photos with you all. 😉
Thank you so much to all of the incredible couples for trusting us with your wedding day. I am always so honored when we are asked to assist in the planning and design of one of the most important days of your life. If we can help you relax, have fun, be inspired, and be excited about your celebration then we have succeeded.
Here’s to 2019!!